Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Am I getting bored? I don't think so...

Whenever people say to me..."How are you filling your days, are you getting bored?", I'm like "Noooo way!", but then go slightly blank when I think about what I actually have been doing, and start to try and justify how 'busy' I have been. So, because I clearly have a crap memory, and because I know I will try to re-live these glorious days of 'waiting for my work visa' when I have some shit house job and have to get up first thing in the morning (not my besttime of day), I'm going to start writing down some of the glorious things I've been faffing about doing.
Like yesterday for example, when I spent a good 4 hours in the kitchen, making the most of an $US8 chicken by trying to get 4 meals out of it. I roasted it, made stock, made pastry (the easiest ever from delicious magazine; just 125g butter, 1 2/3 C flour, rub together, whack in an egg yolk and 2 Tbspn cold water, and refrigerate half an hour), made a chicken and mushroom pie, then made some mexican chicken and corn soup. Only interrupted by lunch with my lovely neighbour, it was a bloody great way to waste an afternoon.
A similar thing happened on Monday morning when I lost a few hours making another mess in the kitchen; making ginger crunch, trying to make Jo's caramelised onions and making and delivering (!!) lunch for Carl. Spent the afternoon joining the library and salivating at all the cookbooks they have in there that I can check out - seriously, I'm sorted for the next 2 years.

Happy as a pig in muck, making a mess in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...