Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quebec City

Last weekend, I was surprised with a trip to Quebec City for my 35th birthday. It was one of my fave birthdays ever. It was so French-y and we just spent the weekend wandering around the city, stopping off at boutiques (well, I did, but Carl was a very willing birthday concierge and happily followed me), drinking good coffees (no Starbucks to be seen), and eating frites ('fries' sound so much more glam in French).
And the best bit - both mornings, the boy whipped out while I was still dozing and got croissants and coffee from the bakery round the corner. Collecting himself in the process, many, many husband browniepoints.


Apparently this is the oldest grocery store in North America. It was ah-maaaaazing!! We went there twice for a perve at all the delish food stuffs. It was like a deli/liquor store/museam. They had doileys under the spices in the spice section. I mean, it was perfect!

We sat outside the walled part of the city for a while, overlooking this hotel, enjoying the sun and people watching.

Gorg little houses, I'm always a fan of a window box with flowers.


Me, proudly trying to poke out my little preggy belly, happy as a pig in muck to be 35, pregnant, in Quebec and married to the best boy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...